Eduardo has had the chance to work in the two top local law firms in Spain, gathering a strong background in all kind of corporate transactions and legal matters (including two secondments to a remarkable investment bank and a corporate client). Likewise, he has substantial experience in the energy industry (i.e., renewables) and combines proper technical knowledge with a deal-oriented approach.
Eduardo has been involved in most part of the PPA term sheets and PPA's in Spain. He led the PPA teams during his stay at the last two law firms which he worked for prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills.
Eduardo's experience includes advising:
- a leading independent fund management company on the potential disposal of up to six Spanish PPP projects to a single buyer, within the transport and healthcare sectors
- Allianz Capital Partners in the drafting and negotiation of a long-term framework agreement for the purchase of electricity (framework agreement+PPA) for Ourika PV project located in Portugal*
- Cox Energy in the preparation preparation, drafting and negotiation of a long-term framework agreement for the purchase of electricity (framework agreement+PPA) for PV projects located in Spain and Portugal with an aggregate capacity of 660 MW*
- a confidential client*
- on all kinds of acquisition and project agreements for the development of wind farms designated in the auction for large-scale renewable energy projects in Spain
- on project agreements for the development of said wind farms vis-à-vis different Spanish and foreign third party contractors (turbine supply agreements and O&M/services agreements, alongside PPAs)
- Cerberus Capital Management on the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Renovalia Energy*
- SunEdison on the sale of four solar French photovoltaic plants to international solar power producer Sonnedix*
*This list includes experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills.