Eva Legler LL.M. is working as a Counsel in the Disputes department in Frankfurt and focuses on regulatory financial services.
Eva Legler advises German and international credit institutions, insurance companies, payment service providers, financial service providers, capital management companies and businesses in the real economy on regulatory, in particular supervisory law matters. She has experience in advising clients from the financial sector on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures, financial restructurings, and capital market transactions.
Eva Legler studied law at the Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg, Justus-Liebig-University Gießen and at the University of Wisconsin, Madison (LL.M. 2013).
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills as Counsel in 2023, she worked as an Associate Partner for a leading German law firm. She speaks English in addition to her native German.
Experience & expertise
- Global Payments on a joint venture with Commerzbank
- Stifel Europe on the acquisition of Mainfirst Bank AG*
- one of the world’s largest money remitters in BaFin / Bundesbank licensing procedure*
- BAWAG on the acquisition of Südwestbank*
- BAWAG on the acquisition of Deutscher Ring Bausparkasse AG*
- an asset manager in BaFin / Bundesbank licensing procedure*
- numerous investment firms on an ongoing basis in connection with securities, money laundering and regulatory law issues
- various financial services institutions and payment service providers in connection with BaFin licensing procedures
- various major and non-major institutions on remuneration issues pursuant to the Ordinance on the Supervisory Requirements for Remuneration Systems of Institutions (Institutsvergütungsverordnung)
- a German credit institution on issues relating to compliance and liability of managing directors
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills