Eunice is a litigator specialising in commercial disputes, investigations and governance matters.
Eunice is an experienced litigator who regularly helps clients navigate and resolve commercial disputes, regulatory investigations and internal company investigations.
Eunice has a particular interest in corporate governance matters, having acted for a number of directors and boards in relation to investigations by various regulators (such as ASIC, AUSTRAC and APRA) and directors’ duties proceedings.
She has acted on a wide range of matters (including final hearings) in the Federal Court of Australia, New South Wales Supreme Court, tribunals and commissions of inquiry. She also has experience representing clients in international arbitrations and large cross-practice and cross-jurisdictional disputes.
Eunice holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and Bachelor of Arts (Distinction) from the University of New South Wales. She is admitted to practice as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- acting for various directors of a large financial institution in relation to investigations by various regulators including ASIC, AUSTRAC and APRA.
- successfully defending a former Chair in civil penalty proceedings brought by ASIC for breaches of directors’ duties.
- advising a large mining company in various strategic internal and regulatory investigations.
- acting for a national airline in relation to a significant contract dispute.
- acting for a large financial institution in relation to the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry.
- acting for a large financial institution defending a A$3.7 billion claim in litigation arising from the BrisConnections project.