Esther is an Of Counsel in the Madrid office, specialising in energy, infrastructure, natural resources, environment and public law.
Esther has a wide-ranging practice of providing legal advice to major corporations, global investment banks, equity sponsors and public entities in relation to general public law (environment, public procurement, energy, mines, infrastructure, sanctions, telecommunications, transport pharmaceutical, public subsidies, expropriations, constitutional law, etc.), as well as litigation and arbitration matters related to the above.
Esther has a broad experience advising major corporations, global investment banks, equity sponsors and public entities in domestic and cross border transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, projects, PPPs, regulatory issues as well as disputes.
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Esther worked for a national law-firm as an associate in its Public and Environmental Law division.
Esther has a Law Degree, Political and Administration Science Degree and holds a Diploma in International Relations by Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid (ICADE).
Experience & expertise
- Berkeley Resources on the regulatory aspects, including permitting, public subsidies, administrative and contentious-administrative litigation, and the environmental aspects related to the development of an uranium mining project in Salamanca, Spain
- First State Investments on the acquisition of Parkia, a leading pure off-street car park operator in Spain, from EQT Infrastructure and Mutua Madrileña
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) on its €417 million acquisition of a one-third stake in Acciona Energía International, a Spanish company which will focus on operating the renewables assets of Acciona Group in Spain
- Deutsche Asset Management and Antin Infrastructure Partners on the disposal of Andasol 1 and Andasol 2 thermosolar plants in Spain
- RREEF Infrastructure on the sale of 100% of its shares in Autovía del Camino, a Spanish toll road concessionaire in Navarra.