Erin is an associate in the firm's Technology, Media & Telecommunications practice based in the London office.
Erin is a commercial and transactional lawyer advising on media, technology and commercial matters across multiple industry sectors. Erin has a wide range of media, technology and consumer goods experience, including advising on global supply and distribution agreements, marketing arrangements, and advertising services agreements.
Erin has completed an international secondment to the Herbert Smith Freehills Seoul office, where she advised on a variety of corporate and manufacturing-related agreements. Erin has been on secondment to Telefonica's legal team in London, which involved advising on a range of telecoms and supply agreements, and has more recently completed a secondment to Dyson's legal team to support across a variety of procurement matters.
Experience & expertise
- Bauer Consumer Media and News Corp UK & Ireland on their strategic joint venture to create Octave Audio, a new digital radio ad sales house specialising in addressable audience advertising across major radio stations including Magic, Virgin Radio and Absolute Radio
- an online education provider, in relation to an agreement to expand their market-leading digital cyber security course offering to the UK
- We provided virtual secondment support to Sky's Distribution and Commercial Legal team. This service saw us act as an extension of Sky’s in-house legal function, providing direct support to the commercial and business development teams remotely from our London office, including support on various licensing arrangements for media and digital content and Sky’s strategic partnership deals with third party content and platform providers. In particular our advice consisted of drafting and negotiating app distribution deals (pursuant to which Sky licenses in various third party content and apps such as FiiT onto its platforms) as well as distribution of Sky's NowTV app onto third party platforms including Apple devices.
- Bauer Media and News UK's Wireless on the data protection aspects of their collaborative joint venture to create Octave Audio, a new digital audio company for the UK advertising market
- Bauer Consumer Media Limited and News Corp UK & Ireland Limited on their collaborative joint venture to create Octave Audio, a new digital audio company for the UK advertising market
- TSB Bank on a strategic partnership with IBM to support its digital transformation objectives to become a truly digital business
- Octave, a digital audio company for the UK advertising market and joint venture between Bauer and News UK, on its ad tech arrangements with Adswizz in respect of both demand and supply side aspects of the platform
- Place2Be, a children's mental health charity, on a range of data protection matters including data protection policies and other documentation, consents requirements and retention of personal data
- a French television broadcasting client group on its majority investment into a media production company in the UK.