Eric is a Solicitor in our Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) team in Sydney.
Eric advises public and private sector clients on a broad range of major projects in the technology, media and telecommunication sectors, often with a complex regulatory overlay. He has experience advising on digital infrastructure, digital transformation, privacy and online safety regulation, cyber and information security and technology-adjacent M&A transactions.
Eric also helps lead HSF’s Emerging Technology Group, with a focus on immersive technologies and related issues. He speaks at various conferences and engagements on the legal aspects of immersive tech and the metaverse, including at Digital Transformation Live 2023 (ICC Sydney) and HSF’s 2023 Digital Law Course on the Metaverse.
Eric holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Science (Pharmacology) from the University of Sydney.
Experience & expertise
- the Commonwealth Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT), through the Australian Infrastructure Financing Fund for the Pacific (AIFFP) on the procurement of subsea cable infrastructure and related capacity IRU arrangements in the Pacific region
- the Western Parklands City Authority on the development of a multi-utility solution to service the Western Sydney Aerotropolis and, in particular, the telecommunications arrangements relevant to access and network deployment
- Google on various fibre, colocation and subsea cable related agreements with telco service providers and submarine cable system suppliers in the APAC region
- Thaicom on its satellite procurement and capacity sharing arrangements for a high-throughput satellite for operation at the 119.5°E orbital slot
- a national media company on a major, multi vendor digital transformation project that involves the replacement of legacy solutions and the implementation of new, custom built solutions responding to its operational requirements