Emma is an associate in our New York office specializing in dispute resolution with a focus on international commercial arbitration.
As part of her practice, Emma advises and represents multi-national companies, primarily in the field of oil & gas, in complex international arbitration proceedings. She also represents clients in contested divorce proceedings through the firm’s pro bono partnership with Her Justice.
Emma received her J.D., cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law and her B.A. from Cornell University. During law school, Emma was an Executive Board Member of the Fordham Moot Court where she managed all competition teams. She also finished First Place overall and was awarded Best Respondent Brief at the University of San Diego National Criminal Procedure Tournament.
Emma has also studied abroad at various institutions in China, including Peking University and Tsinghua University. She is conversationally proficient in Mandarin.
Experience & expertise
- successfully representing an international oil company in an AAA / ICDR commercial arbitration (New York seat) regarding a claim related to alleged breaches of indemnity obligations governed by New York law
- representing an international oil company in an ICC commercial arbitration (New York seat) arising out of Seller’s non-compliance with an LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement governed by New York law
- representing an international energy company in an ICC commercial arbitration (Paris seat) arising out of the Seller’s failure to deliver LNG cargoes under an LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement governed by New York law
- advising an international oil company regarding a potential ICDR commercial arbitration (New York seat) arising under an LNG Liquefaction Tolling Agreement governed by New York law
- representing a European construction company in an ICC arbitration (Paris seat) in relation to an investment claim against Venezuela