Emily is a corporate lawyer with varied cross-sector transactional and advisory experience.
Emily advises on a variety of corporate transactional matters for UK and international clients. She also works with a number of our listed company clients on corporate governance and board advisory matters, listed company regulation and compliance. Emily has experience of working with clients across a range of sectors, including financial services and real estate.
Emily has spent time seconded to our Singapore corporate team and to our clients, giving her significant experience of cross-border transactions and of our clients’ priorities.
In 2015/2016, Emily worked within Santander UK’s Corporate Advisory team, where she provided advice on corporate, governance and commercial matters. In 2018 she spent time working alongside Hammerson’s General Counsel and Company Secretary on M&A transactions and corporate governance matters.
Experience & expertise
- Capital & Counties Properties on its acquisition of a 26.3% shareholding in Shaftesbury across two tranches for total consideration of £436 million
- The Ardonagh Group on its acquisition of the Swinton Insurance group from MMA Holdings UK Plc, part of the Covéa Group
- Hammerson on its £3.4 billion takeover offer for Intu (and subsequent withdrawal) and its approach by Kleppiere
- UK Finance on the creation of a new financial services trade body through the merger of six existing trade associations including the British Bankers' Association and the Council of Mortgage Lenders
- Hammerson on its joint venture with Allianz to acquire €1.85 billion loan portfolio from NAMA secured against prime Dublin retail property.