Ellyse is an associate in the Insurance & Professional Risks team in London.
Ellyse has experience advising and acting on a wide range of commercial disputes and has a particular focus on insurance coverage disputes and professional negligence claims.
Ellyse is admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand. She holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts from the University of Auckland.
Experience & expertise
- a major global insurance broker in arbitral proceedings brought against it by its former client for a claim over $288 million*
- a major New Zealand insurer in defending proceedings brought against it following the declinature of an insured's claim under a workplace income protection policy*
- a major New Zealand retail bank and successfully resisting an interim injunction application relating to the termination of banking services due to concerns of breaching international Russian sanctions regimes*
- a major New Zealand insurer in relation to an investigation by the New Zealand financial services regulator*
- the defendant entities in proceedings concerning the proper interpretation and rectification of an aquaculture supply agreement*
* experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills