Ellen is a solicitor in our environment, planning and communities team in our Perth office.
Ellen has experience advising on environment, planning, heritage and native title regulation in Australia. Ellen has assisted clients with approvals, regulatory and compliance issues across various industry sectors, but has a strong focus on the oil and gas, mining, and energy sectors.
Ellen has also completed a client secondment with a leading global energy company.
Ellen has completed a Bachelor of Arts (Law & Society; English & Cultural Studies) in 2017, and a Juris Doctor in 2020, both from the University of Western Australia.
Experience & expertise
- state and Commonwealth environmental approval compliance advice for numerous iron ore and nickel projects
- offshore oil and gas environmental approvals strategy and applications
- threatened enforcement action for alleged non-compliance with Federal environment legislation
- strategic advice on the impact of major environment and cultural heritage legislative reforms
- environment, planning, native title and cultural heritage due diligence in respect of numerous energy, resources and industrial projects across Australia, including in South Australia and the Northern Territory