Ella is an associate in the London Dispute Resolution team.
Ella specialises in assisting clients with complex, high-value commercial disputes, including class actions, contractual disputes and commercial arbitrations, many of which have cross-border elements. She has broad experience acting for clients in a range of sectors including technology, media and telecommunications, financial institutions and professional services.
Ella is based in our London office having previously worked in International Arbitration in Paris, France.
Ella completed a three-month secondment to the Chancery Division of the High Court in London, where she was the Judicial Assistant to Mr Justice Birss (as he then was), Mr Justice Roth and Mr Justice Trower.
Ella studied History at the University of Warwick, graduating in 2016. She completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at BPP University. Ella was admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2020.
Experience & expertise
- Certain of the former non-executive directors of Carillion plc in relation to all aspects of the insolvency of the Carillion Group, including advising in relation to appearances before Parliamentary Select Committees and successfully defending them in disqualification proceedings brought by the Secretary of State for Business and Trade
- the joint administrators of a solar energy company on the insolvency and the complex cross border disputes arising from it
- New Zealand based companies on a jurisdiction challenge
- a social media company in defending a class action involving allegations of breaches of UK and EU data protection laws*
- a multinational aerospace corporation in global investigations involving allegations of bribery and corruption*
* experience gained prior joining Herbert Smith Freehills