Elizabeth is a broad-based commercial litigator with experience at all stages of the dispute resolution process.
Elizabeth has successfully represented clients in matters before federal and state court, as well as commercial arbitration forums. She also has experience representing clients in investigations brought by government regulators. Additionally, Elizabeth has extensive experience in managing complex discovery for matters.
Elizabeth is based in New York and is admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey.
Elizabeth received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Seton Hall University School of Law. Elizabeth clerked for James B. Clark, III, U.S.M.J. in the United States District Court, District of New Jersey. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Elizabeth was an associate at another international law firm.
Experience & expertise
- a broker-dealer in high-profile SEC and CFTC investigations. Obtained favorable settlements for client*
- a global mass media company against federal class action complaint alleging novel theories of liability under statutory right of publicity laws. Successfully obtained dismissal of all claims at the pleadings stage*
- a major actuarial firm in commercial arbitration initiated by state insurance liquidator alleging fraud and aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duties*
- a major consumer goods company in federal court against false advertising claims*
- a criminal defendant pro bono for violation of temporary restraining order. Successfully obtained dismissal of complaint*
*Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills