Eliza advises clients in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors.
Eliza is a corporate solicitor with experience advising clients on cross-border transactions in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors. Her experience includes acquisitions and sales (public and private M&A), joint ventures and project development. She was previously based in the firm's Brisbane office before joining the Tokyo practice in June 2017.
Eliza went on secondment with BHP’s corporate legal team based in Melbourne from November 2016 to April 2017.
Eliza holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of Queensland. She was admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2012.
Experience & expertise
- Mitsubishi Corporation on its acquisition of a 21.9% equity interest in Anglo American Quellaveco S.A., which owns the Quellaveco copper project in Peru
- Marubeni Corporation and TOESCA on its acquisition of GasValpo, a Chile-based local natural gas distribution company
- Mitsubishi Corporation in relation to its 15% interest in the proposed multi-billion dollar LNG Canada project
- a consortium led by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of Asciano Limited, one of Australia's largest logistics firms
- Yancoal in relation to its acquisition of Rio Tinto’s interest in its HVO and Mount Thorley Warkwarth coal mines in the Hunter Valley.