Ed Kerr is a solicitor in Herbert Smith Freehills’ Brisbane office working in the Queensland finance practice.
Ed works predominantly with Phil McMahon, one of Queensland’s leading finance lawyers.
Ed advises domestic and international financial institutions and corporate borrowers, including leading Australian and international banks, non-ADI lenders, private and ASX listed companies, government owned corporations and departments.
Ed has completed a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce from Deakin University. Ed is admitted to practice as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia and holds a current practising certificate in Queensland.
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Ed worked as a solicitor in the banking and finance team of a national law firm in Melbourne.
Experience & expertise
- Suncorp Group in respect of the banking and finance aspects of its proposed A$4.9 billion sale of Suncorp Bank to ANZ
- Seven Group Holdings on its A$250,000,000 exchangeable bonds issue in order to repurchase its then existing A$350,000,000 convertible bonds, a rare and unique transaction in Australian capital markets as the bond holders would have the option to exchange their holdings for Boral shares at a future point in time
- QIC - in connection with the ongoing financing requirements of the QIC Property Fund
- Phoenix Property Investors, Addenbrooke, Super Ocean Group, Bridge Capital Investment Group, and Aretean Capital – a construction facility from Gresham Property for the development of Merchant House at 333 Kent Street, Sydney
- CBA, ANZ, Bank of Melbourne, Westpac, HSBC and Regis Capital Partners - numerous real estate investment, development, trade and general corporate financings