Eamon is an Associate in our London Corporate Crime and Investigations team.
Eamon regularly advises corporates and individuals on a range of corporate crime matters involving bribery and corruption, fraud, money laundering, sanctions, corporate manslaughter and health & safety offences. Eamon has acted on a number of significant criminal, regulatory, and internal investigations involving agencies such as the SFO, CPS, FCA, HMRC, police, Interpol, and the UN.
He also advises businesses, including financial institutions, on non-contentious matters and their internal processes regarding compliance with sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, and other financial crime laws.
Eamon previously worked at the Serious Fraud Office, where he assisted a number of investigations, mutual legal assistance requests and dawn raids. He later joined Peters & Peters, where he worked on business and general crime matters, including extraditions.
Experience & expertise
- a global investment bank and financial services company in relation to an ongoing cum/ex investigation by the German authorities
- an ultra-high-net worth individual prosecuted by the CPS for suspected fraud offences
- a UK listed global company regarding potential tax fraud offences in relation to its Nigerian subsidiary
- a FTSE 100 company in the mining sector in relation to a criminal investigation regarding potential bribery and fraud offences
- a firm involved in a regulatory / criminal investigation into OneCoin / Dr Ruja Ignatova (the 'Missing Cryptoqueen')
- a global offshore engineering services company into suspected export controls and sanctions violations which resulted in a successful compounded settlement with HMRC*
- a manufacturer on potential corporate manslaughter and health and safety offences in relation to the Grenfell Tower fire*
- Post Office Limited in relation to a public inquiry and a review into a number of historical prosecutions and convictions that were overturned on appeal*
*experience prior to HSF