Duc specialises in advising clients on IT, data protection and commercial matters across a broad spectrum of industry sectors.
Duc has extensive experience of advising clients on all aspects of data protection-related regulatory compliance under the outgoing regime and in the context of the General Data Protection Regulation. This has included working with clients on data-related policies and procedures, negotiating contractual provisions addressing data protection and data security, advising on international data transfers (including binding corporate rules), privacy impact assessments, data retention, disclosures of data, carrying out global compliance audits, advising on the data privacy issues arising in the context of acquisitions and divestments and delivering tailored education programmes to clients.
Duc has completed secondments at two major international companies where he led a number of global data protection and legal compliance projects. As such, he understands the commercial imperatives that drive the management of legal risk and the importance of pro-active support.
Duc is noted for his "technical ability and insightful commercial perspective".
Duc's experience includes advising:
- on GDPR readiness projects for an international recruitment consultant, a pharmaceutical company, an international investment bank and an international foodservice wholesaler and distributor
- one of the largest property development and investment companies in the UK in relation to the group's data protection compliance documentation and other data protection compliance issues including carrying out privacy impact assessments in respect of various data-related initiatives
- Electralink on participating in the government-led smart metering programme, data transfer agreements in the electricity industry, data analysis activities and the use of industry data
- TSB Bank on its separation from Lloyds Banking Group and its £2bn long term outsourcing arrangements covering all critical IT and business services; the project won the NOA’s Financial Services Outsourcing Project of the Year award
- TfL on its project (including data-related aspects) to move to a pan-London IT network, to connect stations, ticket machines, corporate locations and data centres
Duc graduated from the London School of Economics, United Kingdom in 2008 having studied Law (LLB)
Duc holds a BCS Certificate in Data Protection from BCS Chartered Institute for IT (DPPC)