Through Drew’s work leading the firm’s Asia – Australia employment practice corridor he has developed an appreciation of the intricacies involved in ensuring cross-border advice is regionally consistent and locally appropriate. Domestically, Drew has a wealth of experience advising employers in all areas of Australian industrial relations and employment law, something which he is able to utilise for workforce planning roles across the region.
Drew’s experience includes:
- acting for major financial and technology organisations on transformational change initiatives across the Asia-Pacific
- advising global mining and infrastructure organisations on collective bargaining programs in Australia
- developing and delivering commercially relevant training in Australia and across the Asia-Pacific on workplace relations issues
- advising on complex workplace investigations, including in highly regulated environments
- representing employers in industrial litigation in the Supreme, Federal and High Courts and industrial tribunals
Drew’s expertise has been recognised in the Legal 500 – Leading Individuals (Australia Employment) and Doyle’s Guide (NSW recommended Employment and Workplace Relations Lawyer).
Drew joined Freehills in 2006, following two years as the Associate to the Hon Justice EM Heenan of the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Drew is a member of the Australian Human Resources Institute, Law Society of Western Australia and Industrial Relations Society of Western Australia and is admitted to practise in the Western Australian Supreme Court, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.