Tobias is an employment law specialist with a broad experience with multi-jurisdictions cross-border employment restructurings, compliance and employee invention matters. With his finance transactional background he is dedicated to a commercial and pragmatic working approach and experienced in cross-border work and tailor-fit client solutions.
He specializes in the structuring and termination of employment contracts and service agreements, implementation of HR measures and on issues of works constitution law. He also represents clients in employment court proceedings and negotiations with works councils and trade unions. Another focus of his work is the advice on cross-border transactions and all restructuring and outsourcing measures as well as the implementation of remuneration systems, incentive plans and time recording systems.
Tobias' experience includes advising:
- profine GmbH, one of the world's leading supplier of profiles for windows and doors, shutters and facades as well as PVC sheets, on employment and pensions issues, site restructurings and ongoing employment law matters including representation in court proceedings
- abbvie, a major pharmaceutical company on matters of German employment invention law
- Altra Industrial Motion Corp., a global manufacturer and marketer of electromechanical power transmission and motion control products listed on NASDAQ, on employment law matters in connection with its acquisition of the Stromag business from GKN plc
- Leading global investment bank on employment law matters in relation to multiple company acquisitions
- ProSiebenSat.1 AG on EUR 600,000,000 Bond Issuance in 2014 and ongoing legal advice*
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Tobias worked for Milbank, Tweed, Hadley and McCloy LLP in Frankfurt in the banking and leveraged finance team and for another major international law firm in the employment practice group. Tobias graduated from the law school of the University of Trier. He holds a Doctor of Laws degree (Dr. iur.) from the University of Bayreuth. He spent his clerkship period in Frankfurt, Wiesbaden, Cyprus (German Embassy) and London. Tobias is a German native speaker and fluent in English.