Dr Sven Wortberg
Dr Sven Wortberg is a partner in our Real Estate practice in Frankfurt.
He advises clients on international and German real estate transactions and related matters, including financing, structuring and regulatory issues. His clients include project developers, investment companies, open-ended and closed-ended real estate investment funds, and institutional investors.
A well-known practitioner, Sven is recommended in German leading directory Juve-Handbuch, Legal 500 Deutschland and ranked in Band 5 by Chambers Europe 2019 for Real Estate in Germany.
Sven Wortberg is described as having "impeccable technical skills" and being "very pleasant to work with" – Juve 2018/2019
Sven Wortberg is described as "reliable and congenial" – Juve 2017/2018
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2018, Sven was a partner in another international business law firm in Frankfurt.
Experience & expertise
- Alpha Real Capital on the intended acquisition of a hotel project development in the vicinity of the Munich airport
- Arsago Real Estate on various acquisitions of German residential real estate portfolios
- Artmax Germany on the acquisition of a commercial property located in Berlin
- H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of a mixed-use property located in Mannheim
- Patrizia on the disposal of the Metro Campus in Düsseldorf, which is part of the headquarters of Metro Group in Germany
- R+V Versicherungs on the acquisition of a residential real estate portfolio located near Stuttgart via a forward deal
- Trockland on the disposal of the mixed-use complex "Charlie Living" located in Berlin
- Kintyre Investment GmbH on various strategic joint ventures
- TBR Immobilien Consulting on the acquisition of a logistics object located near Freiburg.