Sebastian advises multinationals, financial investors and family owned businesses on national and international mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring projects. This includes, inter alia, corporate advice on cross border transactions, joint ventures and all varieties of corporate law issues. In addition, Sebastian has specific experience in the venture capital sector.
Sebastian's industry focus is particularly on telecommunication, paper, engineering, chemistry and food.
Sebastian's experience includes advising:
- Deutsche Lufthansa on the sale of the European Business of LSG Group to airline caterer gategroup
- Arla Foods on the cross-border merger of two cooperatives onto a European Cooperative Society*
- Stora Enso on the sale of a sheeting center to a strategic investor*
- trivago on its IPO on NASDAQ*
- Deutsche Telekom on the acquisition of 7,700 mobile network sites from Telefónica and E-Plus*
- Deutsche Telekom on the acquisition of frequencies in the 3.5 GHz range*
- Vonovia on the acquisition of the SÜDEWO Group with around 19,800 residential units for € 1.9 billion*
- Stora Enso on the sale of a paper factory to a PE investor*
- Emmas Enkel on the investment of Metro*
- Deutsche Telekom on the acquisition of the GTS Group from a PE consortium*
- Pfleiderer on the sale of the Pergo Group to Mohawk*
- Shareholders on the sale of trivago to Expedia*
- Daimler on the sale of its majority in the engineering and consulting company MBtech to the French AKKA Technologies SA*
- Insight Venture Partners on various investments*
*Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
- REITs und die Höchstbeteiligungsquote nach § 11 Abs. 4 Satz 1 REITG, zugl. Diss., 2011
- Die Garantie der Wirksamkeit des Geschäftsanteilskaufvertrags – Sinnvoller Schutz des Erwerbers oder sinnlose Übersetzung? (with Dr. Jens Liese), in: KSzW 2011, pp. 384 et seq.
- Streitigkeiten bei der Zahlung und Anpassung des Kaufpreises (with Dr. Clemens Stauder), in: Mehrbrey, Handbuch Streitigkeiten beim Unternehmenskauf - M&A-Litigation, 2018
Sebastian studied law at the Universities of Bayreuth, Lausanne (Switzerland) and Münster. He holds a doctor of laws (Dr. iur.) and a degree in economic science from the University of Bayreuth. Sebastian was admitted to the bar in 2011. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, he worked for a leading German based international law firm.