Nikolaus focuses on advising national and international clients on a diverse range of regulatory topics as well as European Union and German competition law, in particular in relation to merger control proceedings.
Nikolaus' experience includes advising:
- Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited (EVT) on merger control issues in the sale of the German cinema chain CineStar to the British Vue International Bidco Plc
- an international producer of tobacco products on German law requirements to launch new products
- a truck manufacturer with a view to cartel follow-on damage claims being brought in Germany
- international investors on various real estate projects (environmental / building law)
- international investors on the acquisition of German onshore wind parks
- an international mobile game developer on German regulatory law (telecommunication law, data-protection law, gaming law)
Nikolaus graduated from the University of Bonn in 2014 and holds a doctor of laws (Dr. iur.). During his legal traineeship at the Duesseldorf Regional Court, he worked for leading law firms in Germany and the US as well as for the Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt).