Julius also has broad experience in equity capital markets as well as general corporate advisory, ECM transactions and corporate governance matters. His sector focus comprises real estate, e-commerce and automotive.
In addition to his qualification as a lawyer, Julius Brandt is appointed as a notary with official residence in Frankfurt am Main.
Best Lawyers/ Handelsblatt 2020/ 2021
Julius's experience includes:
- Deutsche Lufthansa on the sale of the European Business of LSG Group to airline caterer gategroup
- ANEX Group on the acquisition of Bucher Reisen and ÖGER Tours from the insolvent Thomas Cook Group
- An affiliate of Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co., Ltd., a Chinese automotive component supplier, on its 0,6 billion Euro public takeover offer regarding Grammer AG, a German components supplier serving the automotive and commercial vehicles industry
- Vonovia SE on its €8.7 billion voluntary public takeover offer for Deutsche Wohnen AG
- Vonovia SE on its cross-border merger with Gagfah S.A.
- ICBC on the financing and it's financing confirmation under the German Securities Acquisition and Takeover Act (WpÜG) of the public takeover by Midea Group, China's biggest home appliance manufacturer, of German robotics specialist, KUKA AG
- Italmobiliare S.p.A. with respect to the sale of 45 % of the shares in Italcementi S.p.A. to HeidelbergCement AG for EUR 1.67 billion
- Rocket Internet SE on its €1.4 billion initial public offering*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Julius graduated from Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster. He spent one year at a private university in the Kansai region (Japan) where he studied Japanese commercial and corporate law as well as international law.
Julius is a German native speaker, business fluent in English and fluent in Japanese.