- Banks and lessor companies on the financing of rolling stock for public transport purposes in Germany and of aircraft*
- a German insurance company on the acquisition of several existing aircraft financings*
- International banks on repo and securities lending agreements, cross-border collateral structures and netting opinions*
- International banks on EMIR- or KWG-related questions*
- a private equity company on the acquisition of the leasing business of a German bank*
Hannes graduated from the University of Greifswald where he also obtained his Ph.D. Since 2015, Hannes has been admitted to the German bar. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, he worked for an internationally leading British law firm in its asset finance team. Hannes is fluent in German and English.