Genevieve advises on cross-border M&A transactions and joint ventures with a sector focus on regulated industries such as transport and infrastructure, defence, and energy. Genevieve also advises on corporate law matters such as governance and corporate reorganisations and in relation to capital markets regulation.
Genevieve's recent experience includes advising:
- Federal Republic of Germany on the protection of national security interests in context of the Airbus Group's sale of its defence electronics business to KKR
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG on various contractual matters
- Government of Singapore Investment Corporation on its acquisition of a 49% stake in German rolling stock leasing company Railpool from Oaktree Capital Management
- Stagecoach plc on the sale of the retail operations of its megabus Europe business to FlixMobility GmbH
- The Capital Group Companies and other leading investment management companies on German securities trading regulations
Genevieve graduated from the law school of the Freie Universität Berlin. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills and being admitted to the bar in 2014, she taught civil law and worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Energy and Regulatory Law Berlin.