Christian focuses on advising multinationals, financial investors and family owned businesses in relation to mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and corporate advisory.
Christian regularly advises on corporate cross border transactions, joint ventures and corporate law issues, including complex corporate reorganizations and restructurings. Christian also assists shareholders as well as management and supervisory boards on corporate governance and compliance. His recent experience covers regulated industries (such as defense and telecommunications), consumer products, real estate and general industries.
Christian's recent experience includes:
- Atlas Elektronik (a ThyssenKrupp/Airbus joint venture) on mid cap transactions and corporate matters
- Australian multinational on mid cap transaction
- Air Liquide, Daimler, Linde, OMV, Shell and Total on establishment of joint venture H2 MOBILITY Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG*
- Deutsche Telekom on acquisition of frequencies in the 3.5 GHz range and mid cap transactions*
- Vonovia on various transactions including acquisition of SÜDEWO Group with around 19,800 residential units for € 1.9 billion and sale of a portfolio of approx. 13,800 residential units to LEG Immobilien AG*
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Christian graduated from the University of Münster in 2008 and holds a doctor of laws (Dr. iur.). Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, he worked for a leading German based international law firm.