Donny is a partner in the firm's commercial litigation practice in London. He acts for financial institutions and corporates in litigation before the English courts and elsewhere, and in arbitration under various institutional rules. He has extensive experience of cross-border and multi-jurisdictional matters, and is a key member of our India Disputes team.
As a former Chartered Management Accountant, Donny has a particular interest in matters with complex financial aspects, and accounting-related disputes. His ability to apply quantitative analysis to commercial disputes has been described by clients as particularly impressive.
Donny is a solicitor-advocate with higher rights of audience in England and Wales, and has appeared as an advocate in the High Court and in the Court of Appeal, as well as before other tribunals. He also advises clients on the strategic aspects of litigation conducted in various European, international and offshore jurisdictions.
Donny's experience includes:
- advising Single Buoy Moorings Inc in Commercial Court proceedings on a US$1.3 billion construction all risks insurance claim concerning the Yme platform in the North Sea
- advising the Royal Bank of Scotland and its former directors in their ongoing defence of a prospectus liability claim by large groups of investors in connection with RBS's £12 billion rights issue in April 2008
- acting for UBS in its successful defence of proceedings brought by the Administrators of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Limited relating to a US$65 million ISDA trade, in both the Commercial Court ( EWHC 2450 (Comm)) and the Court of Appeal ( EWCA Civ 319)
- representing a consortium of European banks in LCIA proceedings against an Eastern European borrower and guarantors, and a related freezing injunction
- advising a Middle Eastern investor in arbitral proceedings seeking compensation for a significant investment into an Indian company