Dmitry has a focus on syndicated lending and debt restructurings in the Russian market. Dmitry represents international and Russian banks and corporations on all types of financing transactions in Russia and other CIS countries, including syndicated loans, real estate and infrastructure financings, pre-export financings and structured products.
Consistently recognised as a leading Finance lawyer in the Russian market, clients describe Dmitry as "proactive and dynamic" and a “very strong negotiator," according to Chambers Global. Legal 500 sources comment that he “impresses with his helpfulness, knowledge and professionalism” and note his “excellent knowledge of English and Russian law and his ability to provide effective solutions during tough negotiations.
Dmitry has advised:
- Sberbank of Russia and Bank VTB as providers of the loan to EuroSibEnergo Group that financed RUB70 billion acquisition of 40.29 percent of Irkutskenergo (a company that operates several hydroelectric power plants, thermal plants and electric networks) from Inter RAO Group*
- Bank VTB in connection with financing of acquisition from Mail.Ru Group of HeadHunter (the leader in online recruitment in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan) by an investor consortium*
- Sberbank of Russia and Sberbank Europe AG on a €550 million structured loan to Belaruskali (a leading Belarusian potash producer) guaranteed by the Government of the Republic of Belarus*
- Sberbank of Russia and Bank VTB on a RUB33.25 billion syndicated loan facility to GAZ Group, a leading Russian vehicle manufacturer. One of the first financings based on the form of standard documentation developed by the Association of Russian Regional Banks together with the leading legal and financial consultants on the Russian market (including members of the HSF Moscow banking team)*
- the 14 bank syndicate lead arranged by Sberbank of Russia and ZAO Raiffeisenbank on the RUB86.5 billion loan to Russian pipe maker Joint Stock Company Chelyabinsk Tube-Rolling Plant (ChelPipe). The loan was partially guaranteed by the Government of the Russian Federation*
- the syndicate lead arranged by ING Bank, ZAO Raiffeisenbank, Sberbank of Russia, Sberbank Switzerland A.G., HSBC Bank plc and Rosbank on a US$220 million syndicated pre-export facility to UralChem Group secured by deliveries of export-grade fertilizers and other export-grade commodities (named a Deal of the Year 2013 by Trade Finance Magazine)*
*Experience gained prior to Herbert Smith Freehills
Dmitry Graduated from Moscow State University in 1998, Law Degree.
Doctor of Law Degree, 2002, Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.