Dmitry has a focus on syndicated lending and debt restructurings in the Russian market. Dmitry represents international and Russian banks and corporations on all types of financing transactions in Russia and other CIS countries, including syndicated loans, real estate and infrastructure financings, pre-export financings and structured products.
Consistently recognised as a leading Finance lawyer in the Russian market, clients describe Dmitry as "proactive and dynamic" and a “very strong negotiator," according to Chambers Global. Legal 500 sources comment that he “impresses with his helpfulness, knowledge and professionalism” and note his “excellent knowledge of English and Russian law and his ability to provide effective solutions during tough negotiations.
Dmitry has advised:
- VEB.RF and VTB Bank on an up to RUB32 billion project financing of the construction of a specialised coal seaport "Sukhodol" (with capacity of 12 million tonnes per year) at the Russian Far East. The construction is initiated by SDS-Ugol in partnership with Russian Railways (financing is provided under the "Project Finance Factory" programme)
- Russian Crab Group in connection with a multibillion syndicated facility in relation to acquisition of crab fishing quotas, acquisition of crab fishing fleet and constructions of new crab fishing vessels in Russian shipyards
- VTB Group on providing an approximately EUR1.1 billion syndicated financing to Kazakhstan mining companies (Altynalmas group and Kazakhaltyn group)
- Sberbank of Russia on secured financing of over EUR900 million acquisition of a number of shopping malls in Moscow and St. Petersburg from Immofinanz (Austria) by FORTGROUP and refinancing of the existing loan facilities provided to various property companies by Nordea Bank, Raiffeisenbank and Sberbank of Russia
- Sberbank of Russia and VTB Bank on syndicated loan to EuroSibEnergo Group that financed RUB70 billion acquisition of 40.29 percent of Irkutskenergo (a company that operates several hydroelectric power plants, thermal plants and electric networks) from Inter RAO Group, as well as RUB10 billion acquisition of power dams from RusHydro
- VTB Bank in connection with financing of acquisition from Mail.Ru Group of HeadHunter (the leader in online recruitment in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan) by an investor consortium*
- Sberbank of Russia and VTB Bank on a RUB33.25 billion syndicated loan facility to GAZ Group, a leading Russian vehicle manufacturer. One of the first financings based on the form of standard documentation developed by the Association of Russian Regional Banks together with the leading legal and financial consultants on the Russian market (including members of the HSF Moscow banking team)*
*Experience gained prior to Herbert Smith Freehills
Dmitry Graduated from Moscow State University in 1998, Law Degree.
Doctor of Law Degree, 2002, Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.