Dina has extensive expertise acting for financial institutions, funds and corporates on the buy and the sell side on a broad range of derivative transactions.
She brings expertise of a wide range of financing and asset backed transactions to the structured finance practice. She advises financial institutions on regulatory capital and liquidity.
Dina Albagli is listed as a key individual (Chambers UK 2016 – Structured Finance and Derivatives) and a leading individual – (Legal 500 UK 2016 – Derivatives and Structured Products).
With almost 3 decades of experience Dina is a key member of the overall Finance team and specifically the Securitisation Structured Finance and Derivatives group. Chambers and Partners notes the team as a respected group advising on high-value structured finance and securitisation transactions.
Dina is recognised in the market for the breadth of her derivatives and structured finance practice. Chambers & Partner 2016 Notable Practioners
Her work is well respected within the market. Clients refer to Dina's team as "collegiate, co-ordinated and technically good." Legal 500 2016
Dina has worked on a number of cross-jurisdictional transactions and is bilingual in French and English; she also speaks Italian. Her 'excellent service and strong depth of knowledge’ (Legal 500 2016) has led to the successful closure of noteworthy deals including the restructuring of a financing structured with equity derivatives for a large European financial institution, and advising financial institutions on collateralised financings structured as repos and total return swaps.
Dina has advised:
- Blackstone Group on the derivatives and other aspects of the sale of a £1.4 billion portfolio of distressed property loans by RBS to a Blackstone managed fund
- Bank of Ireland on the internal reorganisation of its UK businesses, which involved transferring the mortgage, home finance and deposit-taking businesses of Bristol & West plc
- a European financial institution on the restructuring of a financing structured as equity derivatives
- a major development bank on its guarantee of hedging transactions between a sovereign and certain financial institutions
- a European financial institution on a total return swap over a portfolio of loans