Denis is working in one of the leading private equity practices in Russia and has diversified experience as private equity, corporate, capital markets and securities regulations lawyer. He is actively using his set of skills in turn-key transactional work and provides specialized regulatory and structuring advice.
Since 2010, Denis advises clients on various aspects of corporate and securities legislation. He was active in many key M&A and capital markets transactions, including private equity deals, corporate restructurings, debt and equity issuances and consent solicitations, both local and international. Being part of one of the leading private equity practice on Russian market, Denis often assumes an executive role in private equity transactions.
He advises clients from industry and financial services sectors, including major Russian and international investment and commercial banks and investment funds. In addition to full-scope transaction work, Denis provides regulatory advice on public M&A, insider regulations, banking and securities law matters.
Denis' experience includes advising:
- Malltech, one of the largest regional malls developers in Russia, on the acquisition of LETO Mall, a large mall in Saint Petersburg
- Sberbank Investments on the acquisition from Horizons Investing Ltd. of 15% stake in Ling Investments Limited, a holding company for the Russian trading centre Tsvetnoy, a large Moscow department store
- Goldman Sachs on their joint acquisition with Elbrus Capital, a leading Russian private equity fund, of the HeadHunter.ru group from the Mail.ru Group
- shareholders of Morton Group on the sale of 100% of the group to Horus Capital, a company based in the Netherlands and owned by prominent Russian businessman Sergey Gordeev
- majority shareholders of MDM Bank on the sale of close to 95% of the bank to the entities controlled by Mikail Shishkhanov and Mikhail Gutseriev, the shareholders of B&N Bank
Denis graduated from the Saratov State University with the degree of law. He also holds an LL.M. degree from the George Washington University, USA. Prior to joining our firm, Denis spent 18 month working for one of "Big 4" companies' tax and legal department.