Demilade specialises in aviation financing and leasing advising banks, lessors, airlines and operators on the acquisition, financing and leasing of assets, including commercial aircraft, helicopters and business jets.
Demilade's experience includes advising:
- the joint venture partners on the purchase, novation, lease management and English law aspects of the financing of two A320 aircraft.
- Virgin Atlantic Airways on its participation in the Connect Airways consortia (a joint venture company owned by Virgin Atlantic together with Stobart Aviation and Cyrus Capital Partners) in its acquisition of Flybe, the UK's largest regional airline
- CIT Finance on the English law security aspects of the US$325 million warehouse facility granted by various lenders to Lease Corporation International; the delivery of numerous helicopter types under this facility; and the subsequent leasing of these aircraft to various operators worldwide (in the oil and gas, and emergency medical services sector)
- the finance parties on a JOLCO financing for a leading Japanese lessor
- a German bank on the restructuring of ECA-backed financing for an aviation company
- a major operating lessor on its novation of various operating leases and subleases
- a leading insurance company on various residual value insurance (RVI) contracts in respect of multiple aircraft
Demilade completed her LPC at BPP University obtaining a Distinction and holds an LLB (First Class Honours) from the London School of Economics. She is admitted to practise as a solicitor in England and Wales and also qualified as a barrister and solicitor in Nigeria.