Dea is experienced in delivering commercial and strategic advice to clients on a broad range of employment, industrial relations and workplace health and safety matters (both litigious and non-litigious), including:
- general employment matters, including unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- employment agreements, award coverage and general statutory obligations
- managing ill and injured employees
- industrial relations, including strategic advice and managing industrial relations issues and disputes
- workplace health and safety, including compliance, risk management, incident response and defending prosecutions
Dea has worked on important matters for many leading employers. She is respected for her practical, solutions focused mindset. Dea’s practical experience and commercial insights were enhanced during a recent secondment to a global transport logistics client.
Dea also undertakes pro bono work for a number of not-for-profit organisations and volunteers regularly at a community legal centre in Brisbane.
Dea’s recent experience includes:
- acting on behalf of clients in relation to unfair dismissal and general protections claims
- advising clients in relation to compliance with legislation, industrial instruments and employment contracts
- advising clients in respect of organisational change, including implementing restructures and redundancies
- performing due diligence assessments of employment, industrial relations and safety matters
- advising clients on workplace health and safety statutory obligations and risk management
Dea holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Psychological Science from Griffith University. She is admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Queensland.