Davy advises fund managers on the structure, formation, operation and restructure of both private and public funds across a wide range of asset classes and jurisdictions. Davy also advises institutional investors and other sophisticated investors on their investments in private investment funds and other collective investment vehicles.
Davy's experience includes advising:
- a Chinese state-owned financial and insurance group in relation to its cornerstone commitment to a private equity fund targeting aviation related assets
- a European sovereign wealth fund on the proposed restructure of its investment in a UK real estate fund
- a UK fund manager in relation to the restructure of its Italian-domiciled private equity fund
- a US institutional investor in relation to its investment in a Dutch-domiciled fund focusing on primary healthcare in Africa
- Orchard Street Investment Management LLP on the launch of its third UK commercial real estate fund with Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, GIC Private Limited
- various asset managers on recent regulatory developments including MiFID II and PRIIPs
Davy holds a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies and a Bachelor of Laws from the Australian National University.
He is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, and in New South Wales, Australia.