David supports his clients to achieve their desired commercial outcomes in complex major projects.
His approach combines a strong understanding of his clients’ businesses and his well developed negotiation skills and has resulted in repeat work with many of the major players in infrastructure.
David has worked with clients on more than 50 PPP projects in Australia, the middle east and the UK over the last 20 years.
His extensive experience in major project-financed construction and engineering schemes, infrastructure, privatisations and property developments worldwide allows him to work closely with clients on a range of procurement methods from PPP’s, through to EPC, D&C, construct only, collaborative and CM arrangements.
David works with project sponsors, investment banks, contractors and government bodies, and has advised on transactions in many different sectors, including defence, healthcare, education, transport, power and water treatment, as well as commercial, retail and residential property.
He has more than 25 years of experience assisting clients on drafting and negotiating, construction and other procurement arrangements, using a wide range of procurement methods.
David has been consistently recognised for many years as a leading lawyer by a range of publications including Chambers, Asia Pacific Legal 500, Best Lawyers, ALB, Who’s Who and Doyles.
David’s experience includes advising;
- the Lendlease/Capella Darling Harbour Live consortium on its successful bid for the Sydney International Convention, Exhibition and Entertainment Precinct PPP project, and on the implementation of the project
- the Pacific Partnerships consortium on its bid for the Puhoi to Warkworth PPP road project in New Zealand
- contractor joint ventures in respect of bids for each of the North West Rail Link PPP project and the Sydney Light Rail PPP project in NSW
- the owner on the refurbishment of the existing Four Points hotel in Sydney and on the substantial expansion of the hotel by the construction of an additional tower in a complex building project over the Western Distributor
- Echo Entertainment in respect of the $1b plus redevelopment of The Star Casino and Hotel Complex in Sydney including the design and construct of The Darling, the new 171 room 5 star hotel, the fitout of the entire gaming floor and construction and fitout of the entertainment precinct and restaurants