David is an experienced corporate, funds and real estate lawyer, as well as being a chartered accountant with a strong tax background. He advises major listed and unlisted corporations, funds managers/investors and government entities, on commercial, corporate and real estate law and tax issues.
David is a Solicitor, Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor, in Australia.
David counsels clients on various aspects of the legal and tax structuring of businesses, commercial arrangements, corporate groups, joint ventures, capital transactions and major investments, asset acquisitions and divestments. This has included consideration of contract, corporate, funds and trust laws as well as of domestic and international taxation laws and treaties, such as negotiations with taxation authorities. His work has also involved consideration of special status entities, such as cooperatives and government entities.
David’s experience also includes:
- advised clients on various aspects of legal and tax structuring of joint ventures, businesses, corporate groups and commercial arrangements
- advised clients on investment, doing business in, establishing enterprises, or capital transactions, in Australia
- advised clients on major investments, acquisitions and divestments both in Australia and overseas
- advised directors and officers on corporations law issues and on directors’ duties and liabilities
- advised clients on Australian income and capital gains tax as well as transaction taxes and State transfer taxes