David is a corporate lawyer specialising in public and private M&A, joint ventures, equity capital markets transactions and partnership matters. He has worked across a broad range of sectors including energy and natural resources, professional services, industrials, real estate and telecommunications, including many cross-border and international transactions.
David also regularly advises listed companies and financial advisers on listed company transactions and governance issues.
David's experience includes advising:
- Mercuria Energy Group on the reverse takeover to effect the combination of Petrolera El Trébol and Andes Energia, waiver of Rule 9 of the Takeover Code and readmission of the enlarged share capital of Phoenix Global Resources (formerly Andes Energia) on AIM
- BevCo, the second largest shareholder in SABMiller, on Anheuser Busch InBev's £68 billion takeover offer of SABMiller
- the majority shareholders of MDM Bank, one of Russia's largest private banks, on the disposal of their interests in the bank to entities controlled by the main shareholders of B&N Bank
- Afarak Group (formerly Ruukki Group), on various maters including its London listing, joint venture takeover offer of Chromex Mining and transfer from Premium to Standard listing
- Pearson on the £450 million disposal of its 50% stake in FTSE to the London Stock Exchange
David studied Natural Sciences at St John's College, Cambridge and Law at Nottingham Law School. He joined the firm in 2005 and qualified in 2007. David worked in the Moscow office of Herbert Smith Freehills between 2012 and 2014. He has also spent time on secondment at a leading investment bank in London.