David is a highly experienced practitioner with over 15 years' experience in the field. David advises French and international clients across a wide range of real estate transactional matters, with particular experience in complex real estate investment, real estate finance and real estate restructuring. David brings to the firm a special focus for the hospitality and leisure sectors.
David Lacaze is a member of the Paris Bar Association since 2000 and holds a DEA in business and economic law from the University of Paris I – Panthéon Sorbonne and is a graduate from HEC Business School, Paris.
David is ranked as a Band 4 lawyer in Chambers and Band 3 in Legal 500. He is renowned for handling real estate matters in the hotel and hospitality sector, acting for buyers, lenders and sellers. Clients describe him in Chambers Europe 2016 as "technically very sound".
David's experience includes advising on:
- Benson Elliot in connection with the acquisition of a pan-European hospitality portfolio including the Pullman Paris Bercy*
- Simon Property Group in connection with various investments and disinvestments *
- SNI in connection with the development of 13.000 residential units*
- BNP Paribas in connection with several mortgage backed financings*
- Paris Inn Group in connection with several Paris hospitality transactions*
- Amundi Immobilier in connection with the disposal of various French real estate assets*
*Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills