David advises on technology, communications and data transactions in Australia, APAC and EMEA including outsourcing, as-a-service, digital transformation, technology sourcing, joint venture and corporate deals. He has a particular focus on mandates that leverage data and data-driven technologies (AI, analytics, automation), re-negotiations and second generation outsourcings, and corporate matters involving data transfer, risk and valuation. David’s advises on deal aspects including strategy, commercials, structuring, performance and remediation, and clients comment on his expertise on the technical subject matter of transactions.
David's experience includes;
- Wesfarmers on technology and data aspects of Wesfarmers’ demerger of Coles and the establishment of arrangements between Coles and flybuys involving complex data exploitation, transfer and risk issues
- National Australia Bank on its separation from MLC Life, particularly on data strategy, risk management, transfer and access issues, renegotiations and structuring of commercial arrangements
- Transurban on an enterprise technology project including in relation to a multi-vendor sourcing model, transition risk management and sourcing strategy
- A global platform on data and IPR aspects of its strategic, business critical acquisition of a major business in MEA
- Treasury Wine Estates on an enterprise-wide, cross-border business process outsourcing, particularly regarding the pricing and commercial model, performance framework and scope solutioning
Before joining HSF David was based in the UK and APAC as a Senior Associate at a global US firm.