David is a Registered Foreign Lawyer (Victoria, Australia) in the Energy team based in Hong Kong. He has a broad range of experience advising clients across a number of sectors including energy and infrastructure (with a particular focus on the downstream sector) as well as providing general corporate and regulatory advice in relation to infrastructure assets and cross-border transactions. Prior to relocating to Hong Kong, David was based in the Melbourne office of Herbert Smith Freehills.
David's experience includes advising:
- PT Pertamina Rosneft Pengolahan dan Petrokimia (Indonesia), a joint venture of Rosneft (a major oil & gas company in Russia) and Pertamina (Indonesian state-owned oil and gas company), on the construction of the USD 16 billion Tuban grass root refinery and petrochemical complex in Tuban, Indonesia
- RusChemAlliance (Gazprom and RusGazDobycha joint venture) in relation to its new integrated gas processing and LNG liquefaction project development in Ust-Luga, Russia
- a major Russian oil company on technology licences for a polypropylene plant in Russia and Bulgaria
- Lenders on the project financing of a methanol production plant in the Far East of Russia, including bankability review of the EPC contract, technology license and proprietary equipment supply contract
- The seller on the sale of a portfolio of generation and compressed natural gas refuelling assets in Australia
David has a Bachelor in Arts, Diploma of Languages and Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne, and is admitted to practice in Victoria, Australia.