He advises on a diverse range of cross-border commercial and financial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, capital markets and securities, as well as natural resources projects.
David is a respected adviser to a list of regular blue-chip clients including BHP Billiton, Deutsche Bank, Hewlett Packard, Mitsubishi Corporation and Orica.
His experience includes:
- Rio Tinto and BP on the high-profile mandatory divestment of a majority interest in world-class coal mine PT Kaltim Prima Coal to Indonesian investors, and related litigation
- Hutchison Port Holdings on the privatisation and operations of Jakarta’s international container port
- Mitsui on the proposed acquisition of an interest in the Tangguh liquefied natural gas project
- Goldman Sachs on numerous international securities offerings by Indonesian-based issuers, and on its Indonesian business activities generally
- BP, Sumitomo and Mitsui on the disposal of their interests in Indonesian joint venture petrochemical company PT Petrokimia Nusa
Having worked as a registered foreign lawyer seconded in Jakarta since the early 1990s, David is fluent in spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia.