Danila is a core member of our global energy team focusing on the downstream projects in the Middle East, Asia & CIS as well as the new hydrogen economy projects.
Danila is an international energy lawyer with particular focus on major international companies, transactions and projects. He has worked on some of the largest energy transactions in the past decade and has helped clients undertake complex investments in the oil & gas, power (including new nuclear and renewables) and LNG sectors.
With a diverse corporate, projects' and transactional background Danila is able to advise clients on all aspects of project development and management including any construction, commercial and corporate arrangements.
Danila is known as a pragmatic and commercially minded lawyer who helps clients build strong relationships with their transaction partners, focus on the key transactional drivers and achieve priority goals. His experience and reputation are highlighted by listings in the major legal directories.
- Highly Regarded by IFLR 1000 2021-22
- Band 3 in Energy & Natural Resources – China (International law firms) by Chambers Global 2022
- Tier 1 in Natural Resources/Energy by pravo.ru - 300 2021
- "Lawyer Based Abroad" in Energy and Natural Resources – Russia (expertise based abroad in China) by Chambers Europe 2020
- Band 3 in Energy & Natural Resources – China/Hong Kong by Chambers Asia Pacific 2018-2020
- Band 1 "Lawyer Based Abroad" in Energy and Natural Resources – Russia by Chambers Europe 2019, 2018
- Danila Logofet receives praise from clients for being "a pragmatic lawyer who is easy to deal with." – Chambers Global 2022
- "sources applaud his incisive approach, with one describing him as a "pragmatic and business-oriented person. He is also very responsive" – Chambers Europe 2021
- 'legal visionary' Danila Logofet takes the lead on construction matters, focusing particularly on downstream projects and continuing to strengthen the group's links with Asian clients – Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- "[…] is a pragmatic lawyer, easy to deal with, and very client-oriented manager" – Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- a client singles him out as "creative and technically very solid" while noting his "wide experience across a number of jurisdictions in Asia and Europe" – Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
Danila holds a Master of Laws from the from University of California, Berkeley Law and a PhD in Russian Law. Danila is admitted to practice in England and Wales, the State of New York, US and Russia.
Experience & expertise
- PT Pertamina Rosneft Pengolahan dan Petrokimia (Indonesia), a joint venture of Rosneft (a major oil & gas company in Russia) and Pertamina (Indonesian state-owned oil and gas company), on the construction of US$16 billion Tuban grass root refinery and petrochemical complex at Tuban, Indonesia
- EDF Trading on disposal of its power distribution assets in the UK and the relevant business separation issues
- Eni on its strategic joint venture with Rosneft to develop oil and gas reserves in the Barents Sea and the Black Sea
- Sumitomo Chemical on its project to develop the Rabigh refinery and petrochemical complex in Saudi Arabia with Saudi Aramco
- CNODC (CNPC group) and Silk Road Fund on its independent investments in Yamal LNG, the recent new comer to the global LNG scene
- EDF's participation in Project Sloe (Netherlands), involving complex gas supply and bankable tolling arrangements for this 870MW gas fired power plant
- Centricat on the access arrangements for Grain LNG
- a major japanese company on disposal of its upstream oil and gas assets in Indonesia