Danila is an international energy lawyer with particular focus on major international companies, transactions and projects. He has worked on some of the largest energy transactions in the past decade and has helped clients undertake complex investments in the oil & gas, power (including new nuclear and renewables) and LNG sectors.
With a diverse corporate, projects' and transactional background Danila is able to advise clients on all aspects of project development and management including any construction, commercial and corporate arrangements.
Danila is known as a pragmatic and commercially minded lawyer who helps clients build strong relationships with their transaction partners, focus on the key transactional drivers and achieve priority goals. His experience and reputation are highlighted by listings in the major legal directories.
Danila's experience includes advising:
- EDF Trading on disposal of its power distribution assets in the UK and the relevant business separation issues
- Eni on its strategic joint venture with Rosneft to develop oil and gas reserves in the Barents Sea and the Black Sea
- Sumitomo Chemical on its project to develop the Rabigh refinery and petrochemical complex in Saudi Arabia with Saudi Aramco
- CNODC (CNPC group) and Silk Road Fund on its independent investments in Yamal LNG, the recent new comer to the global LNG scene
- EDF's participation in Project Sloe (Netherlands), involving complex gas supply and bankable tolling arrangements for this 870MW gas fired power plant
- Centricat on the access arrangements for Grain LNG
- a major japanese company on disposal of its upstream oil and gas assets in Indonesia
- "open-minded, intelligent and a good strategist", he "understands deeply what clients really need" Chambers Global 2015
- Danila Logofet heads "result-oriented, responsive and proactive" team Legal500 EMEA 2015
- "is very intelligent and has a systematic approach to solving the issues faced by clients". Interviewees also appreciate his business understanding and his aptitude for handling cross-border mandates Chambers Global 2014
- Chambers Global Practice Guide for Energy: Oil & Gas, Russia – Law & Practice Chambers Global Practice Guides, 2016
Danila holds a Master of Laws from the from University of California, Berkeley Law and a PhD in Russian Law. Danila is admitted to practice in England and Wales, the State of New York, US and Russia.