Dan is a construction and infrastructure specialist. He has worked extensively on the development and operation and maintenance of major construction and infrastructure projects for both public and private sector clients throughout Australia, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Dan’s energy and resources experience includes project development (including EPC, EPCM, EPIC, BOO, DBOM, Development Agreements, electricity network connection and access agreements, and other agreements and procurement contracts), operation and maintenance (including power purchase agreements, operation and maintenance, gas transport agreements, contract mining agreements, automation agreements and commodity sales agreements).
Dan’s infrastructure experience extends across numerous sectors, with a particular focus on transport. This experience includes the development and ongoing operation and maintenance of major road, rail, port and airport infrastructure (including development and expansion agreements, user funding agreements, track access agreements, transport and haulage agreements, automation agreements, intelligent transport systems, multi-user arrangements and dredging agreements).
Dan’s recent experience includes:
- Synergy in relation to the establishment of its renewable energy fund - ‘Bright Energy Investments’, including the development of Stage 2 of the Greenough River Solar Farm
- APA Group on the development of a new gas transmission pipeline and a 45MW gas–fired power station to supply power to the Gruyere Gold Project for a total cost of construction of around $180m
- Iluka Resources as principal adviser in relation to the USD$300m expansion of its mining operations in Sierra Leone
- OZ Minerals as principal adviser in relation to the $900m development of its Carrapateena Mine
- Development and operation of LNG projects, including INPEX’s Ichthys LNG project and Gazprom Pererabotka’s €16bn gas processing plant in the Amur region of the Russian Federation
- Fichtner in relation to the Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company’s 4.3GW feed in tariff program and 250MW Gulf of Suez Wind Farm
Dan has a Bachelor of Commerce with majors in Accounting and Management and a Bachelor of Laws from Murdoch University.
Dan is an active member of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA’s Energy Forum and Infrastructure Forum, and a member of the Society of Construction Law Australia. He is recommended by Best Lawyers and Doyles Guide for his work in the construction & infrastructure sectors.