Daniel advises international clients on the full spectrum of EU and UK competition law matters.
Daniel has acted on complex and challenging UK merger control cases and many high-profile, cross-border deals requiring regulatory approval in Brussels and in other jurisdictions. Daniel's transactional expertise is balanced with in-depth experience of behavioural and advisory matters, including EU and UK cartel investigations, with a particular focus on the financial services, mining, TMT and retail sectors.
Daniel's experience includes advising:
- Weir Group plc on the £275 million disposal of its Flow Control business division
- a leading investment bank on the European Commission' s investigation into alleged foreign exchange rate manipulation
- Hammerson plc on merger control issues relating to its bid for Intu Properties and the unsolicited approach made by Kleppiere
- Électricité de France (EdF) on complex competition and regulatory aspects of its landmark development of the UK's first new nuclear power plant for a generation, Hinckley Point C
- AbbVie on the competition law aspects of its aborted US$54 billion offer for FTSE 100 pharmaceutical company Shire plc, (which, at the time, would have been the largest ever inward investment into the UK).