Dan helps clients in relation to investigations and proceedings by regulators and enforcement authorities regarding anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, bribery, corruption, sanctions non-compliance, tax evasion, fraud and corporate misconduct allegations. He has worked across the firm's London and Sydney offices for major UK and Australian companies.
Dan has also undertaken a secondment at the London office of a tier one global investment bank, where he gained experience on implementing firm wide policies, procedures and controls on the anti-facilitation of tax evasion and other financial crime compliance matters.
His other experience includes advising:
- a global investment bank in connection with an FCA investigation into money laundering concerns
- the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in civil penalty proceedings brought by AUSTRAC under the Australian Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (AML/CTF) legislation
- Tabcorp in civil penalty proceedings brought by the AML/CTF regulator, AUSTRAC, under the Australian AML/CTF legislation
- a major telecommunications company regarding a significant cyber security breach investigation
- a global listed company regarding an investigation by the Australian Federal Police into bribery allegations
- a global property fund in relation to English High Court fraud proceedings
- a global Australian bank on various investigations into allegations of corporate misconduct by ASIC, APRA, the Financial Ombudsman Service and other Australian regulators
Dan also regularly provides advice on corporate crime regime compliance and commercial due diligence.
Dan holds a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) from the University of Western Australia and a Juris Doctor degree (First Class Honours) from the Australian National University.
He is admitted to practise as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW, the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.