- a sovereign government on a claim to foreign sovereign immunity in proceedings brought in another foreign jurisdiction.
- an Indonesia-based company in relation to a dispute over the failure of a long-term mining project and offtake arrangement in a coal mine in Kalimantan
- a leading global luxury hotel chain to restrain parallel litigation commenced by hotel property owners in Southeast Asia in breach of the parties' arbitration agreement
- a national energy company to restrain a parallel arbitration in India commenced in breach of the parties' arbitration agreement
- a Southeast Asia-focussed exploration and production company in a drilling rig dispute offshore Indonesia.
Daniel graduated with a first class honours from University of London in 2013 and obtained her Master of Laws from University College London in 2016. He was admitted to the Malaysian Bar as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2015 and a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2019. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills in 2018, Daniel worked in top tier arbitration firms in Malaysia and London.
Daniel speaks fluent English and Malay.