Dana specialises in international arbitration and corporate crime & investigation. A skilled advocate with more than 12 years of experience, she has worked on disputes across Asia, including in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and South Korea.
Dana is dual-qualified in New York and England and Wales. She also sits as an arbitrator.
Dana is ranked as a ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ in Asia Pacific Legal 500 and as an exclusive winner of the Arbitration & ADR category for South Korea in the Client Choice Awards, 2019. She was also recently named 'Korea Arbitration Future Leader' by the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board (KCAB) in December 2019.
“Dana Kim is one of the most responsive and client-oriented lawyers; she can provide creative and practical solutions within a very short timeframe. ” Client Choice Awards 2019
“Dana understands the process and provides a practical perspective. She receives praise from international clients for her understanding of the Korean business market and excellent language skills." Chambers Asia Pacific 2018.
"Dana Kim is regarded by market sources as "a rising star" for her work on international arbitration and corporate investigations." Chambers Asia Pacific 2019.
Dana's experience includes:
- representing Hyundai Heavy Industries on its successful settlement in an ICC arbitration arising out of the US$10.3 billion Barzan gas pipeline project in Qatar
- representing a Korean manufacturing company in an ICDR arbitration arising out of an IP dispute with an Asian engineering company
- representing a Korean contractor in a Singapore seated arbitration concerning the improper call on a performance bond and other claims arising under a turnkey construction contract for a multi-train polyester plant in Vietnam
- representing a Korean contractor in a Singapore seated SIAC arbitration in relation to a significant downstream disputes with an Australian subcontractor on a US$10billion project
- acting for Asian private equity firms in a HKIAC arbitration against another leading private equity firm, concerning the sale of its shareholding in a Korean company
- acting for an Asian private equity firm in a HKIAC arbitration concerning a post-M&A dispute in the financial services sector
- representing a Global auto maker regarding allegations of fraud by the employees of its Korean business