Duc specialises in complex cross-border asset leasing, trading, financing and restructuring transactions.
Duc is a member of the firm's market-leading asset financing practice, based in Singapore. He specialises in complex cross-border financing transactions with particular expertise in operating leasing, tax leasing, asset trading and structured finance. Duc advises world leading aircraft lessors, international banks and airlines on a broad range of multi-jurisdictional matters. Having also worked at the aviation industry leader GECAS, Duc has comprehensive industry knowledge.
Fluent in Vietnamese, Duc has worked closely with various Vietnamese corporations and financial institutions in their cross-border transactions. He is a member of the firm's Vietnam desk.
Duc has been described as a counsel with "highly valuable customer-focused communication and commitment" (Chambers & Partners 2021, Aviation: Finance – Singapore).
Fluent in English and Vietnamese, Duc graduated from the University of Law of England and Wales and the Hanoi Law University. He is qualified as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales and as a Lawyer of the Vietnam Bar Federation. He has been with a leading aviation finance firm for 10 years, during which time he worked in London, Bangkok and most recently Singapore.
Experience & expertise
- a syndicate of banks led by MUFG on the secured commercial financing of around S$1.2 billion to Singapore Airlines.
- a leading aircraft lessor on the restructuring of operating leases of 17 aircraft operated by Lion Air group.
- a syndicate of banks on the aircraft portfolio financing for eight aircraft to Avolon.
- AerDragon on its secured commercial financing for eight aircraft, from a syndicate of banks led by CACIB and MUFG.
- a leading aircraft lessor on its portfolio sale of 12 aircraft into an asset-backed securities vehicle.