Dr. Timo Bühler is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution practice, based in our Frankfurt office.
Timo advises both German and international banks, securities institutions, and payment service providers, and represents them in internal and external investigations, as well as in contentious financial regulatory proceedings. He also offers regulatory guidance to insurers and asset managers and supports them in structuring and establishing investment funds. He has significant experience in advising clients from the financial sector on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures, financial restructurings, and capital market transactions.
Experience & expertise
- Stifel Europe on the acquisition of Mainfirst Bank AG*
- Tiger Global on the acquisition of a stake in fintech unicorn Mambu*
- The supervisory board of a major German bank on internal investigations in connection with alleged breaches of anti-money laundering rules*
- A consortium of banks on the public offering of shares in Commerzbank AG*
- The insolvency administrator of Wirecard AG on internal investigations in connection with possible falsification of the balance sheet*
- A leading capital management company vis-à-vis BaFin due to suspected compliance violations in connection with insider trading and market manipulation*
- A major Asian bank in a special investigation by BaFin pursuant to § 44 of the German Banking Act (KWG)
- Klarna on the acquisition of Billpay GmbH
- Heidelpay on the entry of the private equity company AnaCap
*before joining Herbert Smith Freehills