Tim is a Senior Associate in our German Finance Group.
Tim advises on financings, in particular Real Estate Finance, Project Finance and Asset Finance. Tim also advises on financial regulatory law.
Tim graduated from the law school of the University of Wuerzburg and obtained his doctor's degree on the basis of a doctoral thesis on a corporate and tax law theme.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, he worked for an international law firm in its restructuring and insolvency group in Munich.
Experience & expertise
- Lufthansa Group on the sale of their globally operating catering business to private equity company Aurelius Group
- the lenders in relation to the project financing of the 725 kilometre, 1.4 GW NeuConnect Interconnector project between the UK and Germany
- DAL Deutsche Anlagen-Leasing (as lessor) on the leasing and financing of new and used rolling stock for public transport purposes in the Lahnthal-Vogelberg-Röhn (LVR) rail network by Hessische Landesbahn GmbH (HLB)
- a well-known payment services provider on the submission of a notification of the intention to acquire a significant holding in a payment service institute to the German Supervisory Authority (BaFin) in the context of an internal corporate restructuring
- German internationally known bank in the context of a corporate refinancing