Lara Panosch is an associate in our dispute resolution practice based in Frankfurt.
Lara focuses her practice on international dispute resolution matters, with a particular emphasis on commercial arbitration, investment arbitration and public international law (human rights). She has been involved in arbitrations under different rules including ICSID, ICC and DIS.
Lara has a particular focus on business and human rights, having completed her PhD on the interface between the human right to water and international investment protection law, and a stage in Strasbourg at the Council of Europe focusing on human rights law.
Lara's doctoral thesis was awarded the 2021 Baker Mc Kenzie prize by Goethe University Frankfurt and the law firm Baker Mc Kenzie.
- The Human Right to Water in Investment Arbitration, German Yearbook of International Law, 2021
- Festschrift für Prof. Breitenmoser, Rechtsschutz in der Theorie und Praxis, 2022, Jörg Polakiewicz/Lara Panosch, "Das Spannungsverhältnis zwischen dem Europäischen Gerichtshof für Menschenreche beim Rechtsschutz gegen Maßnahmen im Bereich der Gemeinsamen Außen- und Sicherheitspolitik im Lichte der Beitrittsverhandlungen der Europäischen Union zur Europäischen Menschenrechtskonvention"
Lara studied and earned her doctorate in Law at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main.
Additionally, she is a member of DIS-40. As a native German speaker, Lara is fluent in English and possesses basic proficiency in Spanish.
Experience & expertise
- a German manufacturer of medical devices in an ICC arbitration seated in Brazil brought by a Brazilian competitor claiming EUR 30 million in damages for trade secret infringements
- an international manufacturer of filling and packaging equipment in DIS arbitration proceedings at the interface between IP/patent law and arbitration proceedings
- a respondent state in investment arbitration proceedings against a US-based claimant relying on a Bilateral Investment Treaty before the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes in Washington D.C.
- a Middle Eastern company in a potential ICSID arbitration against Iraq regarding its over USD 150 million investment