Hannes is part of our Finance, Real Estate and Projects practice group.
Hannes advises on a variety of financings, in particular Real Estate Finance, Project Finance, Sustainable and Green Finance and Asset Finance in the aviation and rolling stock industry. He regularly acts for German and international banks, debt funds and other financial institutions as well as companies, sponsors and asset managers in connection with domestic and cross-border finance transactions.
As part of his general regulatory practice Hannes advises on financial regulatory law, including ESG-related topics.
Hannes graduated from the University of Greifswald where he also obtained his Ph.D. Since 2015, Hannes has been admitted to the German bar. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, he worked for an internationally leading British law firm in its asset finance team. Hannes is fluent in German and English.
Experience & expertise
- PEARL Infrastructure Capital on the financing and acquisition of a biomass CHP plant in Germany
- DAL Deutsche Anlagen-Leasing on financings of rolling stock for public transport purposes in Germany*
- Major banks, insurances and debt funds on financings of European logistic real estate and office portfolios
- International investment banks, payment service providers and other FinTechs on financial regulatory topics on a regular basis and in connection with transactions
- Airbus on acquisition of A220 shares from Bombardier*
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills